Monday, February 14, 2005

016: Test... Test... Is this thing even ON???

Most of the time, when I'm writing on this blog, I feel like I'm having a conversation with myself... I've never had a comment posted on this site, and the only email that I remember getting about it was from the news-writer who plastered my face all over the Sunday edition of the Daily Nudes... (Ruining a perfectly good paper, and undoubtedly some people's breakfasts as well...)

But, on the OTHER blog that I post to, I get comments all the time. Granted, THAT site has interesting people who write for it and not just one lazy whiner with nothing better to do (but homework...) Still, I find it interesting that, no matter what I write here, I never seem to be getting through to people...

In this spirit of empassioned, yet stifled, expression, I cross posted last night's little exploration of feelings to the Vision? Nary! weblog site, hoping to get a slightly larger audience than the poor little Electric Sedative pulls in.

Amazingly, the very next morning I already have a comment posted, and by the FUROR of V?N! himself, Herr Raffin!!! I shall now reproduce his comments before your very eyes:

It's amazing how much you've toned it down since becoming a city councilman.
I know that some call you a sellout; but I have often suggested to people that they read between the lines. "Is he a sellout?" I ask them, "Or is his mild-mannered conformity a clever ruse, lulling them to sleep snuggled warmly in a blanket of false security- and then he STRIKES."


Yes, it's nice to think that my words-o-wise'dumb are actually reaching out into the real world and doing something that I myself hope to never do again... WORK...

By this I mean that it's satisfying to have someone comment on what I've written. It lets me know that I'm not just spinning into a vacuum like those women in that painting in The Crying of Lot 49 by Thomas Pynchon... As I'm sure that everyone has read the novel, I don't feel I need to comment on this subject any further...

The moral to the story is this: Writing at 1:am is a lonely business, but knowing that at least SOMEONE out there is reading what you've written makes the whole thing worth while... (Or, I could just buy some sleeping pills and put an end to my whole writing career... One way or another...)

Ta!!! And NO, I'm not really on the City Council...

1 Comments:

Blogger think tank said...

fear not, for a comment is here! It's cool, going through and finding random blogs. Enjoy life, man. keep it up. --peace

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home