Wednesday, June 01, 2005

023: Well ok...

Technically, I should be getting ready for work right now... I need to take a shower and shave, and get my shirt ready to wear... (It's all wrinkly!) I have to pick Ellie up at noon (she has early dismissal today) and Frankie just left for school (she has late start) and Granny will be here at about 12:30 because I have to work at 1:pm... Meanwhile, Mariah is supposed to go to lunch at 12:30, and it's her payday today, but I won't be there in time to drive her to the bank and cash her check, cuz I'll be waiting for Granny... I'm sure everyone finds this all so fascinating...

I haven't been working on my novel AT ALL lately for a couple of reasons: I've been working (only 20 to 30 hours per week, but on those days I'm usually too busy then too tired to work on anything else); I've been playing Pokemon on the Gameboy when I'm not at work (I'm doing Pokemon Sapphire, Frankie is playing Pokemon Emerald, she says the games are similar); AND I read John Gardner's ON MORAL FICTION which says that REAL artist only create what is meaningful and useful to society... (Or something very similar...) A horror story about people becoming demons and destroying and killing people may or may not be useful to society... It could be argued (by me if no one else) that the real point of the story is questioning "divine" authority... This, in fact, might be useful...

Also, I've been trying to get my bearings on my traveling mail art exhibit. I've written to the Longview Parks and Rec department asking for information on which permits I would need to show art work at the lake, but I haven't heard back. I wrote to Carol at WSUV asking her if she knew how to go about setting up the exhibit in the lawn at the school and she didn't know... (I'm not blaming Carol, I know she's busy; but someone at the Parks and Rec department should have gotten back to me by now...) So, I think what I'm going to do is just do a call for art work and then just hit the streets. If I get hassled by THE MAN, I get hassled... It will make an interesting story... So, tonight or tomorrow I'll sit down and write out my "call" and post it wherever I can think of to post it and see if I get any takers. The point is supposed to be having fun and showing the art to the public... I can do that without a permit...

Now I've GOT to go get ready for work... ("Work" is a four letter word...)

Chow!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home