Thursday, May 26, 2005

022: Commercial art vs. Art for Art's sake...

It occurs that most of the collages and art work that I have done that I REALLY enjoy are of a commercial nature: advertising shows, eye candy for sales lists, flyers for this or that... I can't say that this pleases me completely, because I like to think that I am an ARE-TEEST, not just a commercial artist... Maybe Warhol understood the relationship better than I do, because he didn't mind reveling in the connections between his commercial and self motivated art, often blurring the two...

The self-conscious attitude that I have towards my own art work may dissipate over time... I'm already comfortable enough to honestly consider some of the works I've displayed below ART (whether anyone else does or not) despite their advertising or profit oriented origins... If it looks good, I'm happy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home