Wednesday, May 25, 2005

021: The Just Music Sales Lists...

While working at Just Music (a job I had, off and on, for about seven years) there were numerous opportunities for me to entertain myself and be creative in a manner that also did some service to the store. Chief amongst my entertainment avenues was the "weekly sales list." Every Monday, the owner of the store would print up a list of the items that were going to be on sale that week then he would hand the list over to me so that I could "fancy it up" and make the list as eye-catching as possible...

Below I have posted a few of my favorite "sales list" creations. Now consider when viewing these that I usually only had a few minutes to come up with a concept (if you scan through the actual lists of titles on the various pages you will see where I snagged an idea or two) and then draw it, usually while also helping customers and doing the daily work needed to keep Just Music afloat... Subsequently, not every picture was a success, some were down right terrible, but each one would only be up for a week before being removed, so even a bad one wouldn't be around long enough to upset anyone...(Accept me...) And, sometimes, I would hit on an idea that everyone seemed to really enjoy. If I get a chance, I may dig through my files and put some more of these little pictures up for display, but for now here are just a few...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home