Saturday, October 30, 2004

003: Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot!

I'VE FINALLY DONE IT!!!!

For those of you that have been reading this blog since the VERY BEGINNING (last night), you will be excited to know that I've finally discovered the name of that giant robot tv show that I used to watch when I was a kid: JOHNNY SOKKO AND HIS FLYING ROBOT!

Thanks to a Google search for "giant robot live action" I was able to find some sites with pictures that I recognized from the show... Mind you, it's been over 25 years since I've watched this program, but when I was four this (along with MARINE BOY, TWILIGHT ZONE, and the GODZILLA movies) was the best thing on tv... I was FOUR, ok; what can you expect from a four year old???

Anyway, here are some of the coolest sites I found pertaining to JOHNNY SOKKO:

First up, Matt from X-Entertainment tears the poor show apart, but in a very funny way, and there are lots of pictures to look at!

Next, Glen Johnson's 60s Anime Site takes a slightly more sympathetic look.

And, just a couple more that I thought were pretty fun: J. Bannerman does a good site, Bad Movie Planet has some fun with Johnny, and RETROMONSTER.COM takes a crack as well.

Over all, the show was probably crap, but I don't care... That just means that I loved crap when I was little, and there's quite a bit of evidence that I still love crap today. (Example: I got a DVD box set of GODZILLA movies for Christmas a few years ago... and actually got teary-eyed...) But, perhaps you like crap too. If you do, I suggest trying to hunt down Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot, and see just how crappy crap can really be!!! Thank you, and have a good night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home